GW's Corporate Reorganization and Bankruptcy Group provides representation and advice on corporate reorganizations under federal bankruptcy laws, business workouts, debt-restructurings, acquisition of troubled companies and assets out of bankruptcy, claims trading, debtor-in-possession lending, enforcement of creditors’ rights generally, and asset protection and debtors’ rights.
The Group’s lawyers have broad experience in representing sizeable businesses in health care, manufacturing, service, high technology, and retail sectors in restructuring their affairs either informally or in the context of Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code, and have represented numerous debtors, creditors committees, individual creditors and creditor constituencies in many complex and highly visible Chapter 11 cases. The Group also provides advice on all phases of stock and asset acquisitions of financially distressed companies, of lending to troubled companies and the general conduct of business with Chapter 11 debtor entities.
The Corporate Reorganization and Bankruptcy Group advises our clients in the following representative areas:
- Preparation and prosecution of Chapter 11 cases for corporate debtors and not for profit hospitals
- Representation of creditors’ committees, creditor constituencies and individual creditors in reorganization cases
- Asset acquisitions
- Development of competing plans of reorganization for potential acquirors of distressed entities
- Claims trading
- Debtor-in-possession financing
- Defense of preference and fraudulent conveyance actions
- General business practices with debtors-in-possession and troubled companies
- Representation landlords to Chapter 11 debtors
- Creditor enforcement rights
- Exempt property and asset protection issues
- Shareholder rights
- Involuntary bankruptcies