Garfunkel Wild Complimentary Webinar – Navigating A Murky Landscape: An Employer’s Guide To Responding To The Challenges of COVID-19
Monday March 30, 2020
2:30 PM – 3:30 PM EDT
Garfunkel Wild’s Andrew Zwerling, Marianne Monroy, Salvatore Puccio and Lauren Levine will present the webinar ” Navigating A Murky Landscape: An Employer’s Guide To Responding To The Challenges of COVID-19″ on March 30, 2020.
The outbreak of the global COVID-19 virus has confronted employers with unprecedented challenges in maintaining their workplaces and operational viability. With ever-increasing speed, new laws are being enacted by the Federal and local governments that are designed to soften the economic and health and safety impacts posed by the COVID-19 virus, but which also, no matter how well intentioned the legislatures, create confusion about available feasible options for employers on how to move forward in sensible, compliant and practicable fashion.
Garfunkel Wild PC will be presenting a webinar designed to assist employers in tackling these steep challenges. The webinar will address such issues as:
- Highlights of the updated Federal leave laws.
- Highlights of the updated New York State leave laws.
- What is the type of “order” that triggers an employee’s entitlement to leave under the new statutes?
- Who is a healthcare provider?
- Staff reductions, reduction in hours and terminations.
- An employer’s obligations under the WARN Act.
- Practical considerations on dealing with the challenges.
Click Here To View Webinar