On October 1, 2020, the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) announced a Phase 3 General Distribution of Provider Relief Funds. Eligible providers can begin applying on October 5, and the deadline to apply is November 6.
Who is eligible:
- Providers who previously received, rejected or accepted a General Distribution Provider Relief Fund payment.
- Providers that have already received payments of approximately 2% of annual revenue from patient care.
- Behavioral Health providers, including those that previously received funding and new providers.
- Healthcare providers that began practicing January 1, 2020 through March 31, 2020. This includes Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, dentists, assisted living facilities and behavioral health providers.
Providers that have already received approximately 2% of annual revenue from the Provider Relief Fund will be considered for an “equitable add-on” payment. HHS will review the following information in making a determination as to whether a provider is eligible for an add-on payment:
- The provider’s change in operating revenues from patient care;
- The provider’s change in operating expenses from patient care, including expenses incurred related to coronavirus; and
- Payments already received through prior Provider Relief Fund distributions.
All payment recipients will be required to attest to receiving the Phase 3 General Distribution payment and accept the associated Terms and Conditions.
HHS urges providers to apply as early as possible.
* * * * *
Click Here to download the Legal Alert.