Garfunkel Wild Webinar “Telehealth: Effective Risk Management Strategies to Reduce Liability”
Wednesday, February 26, 2020
12:00PM – 1:00PM EST
Speakers: Barry B. Cepelewicz and Roy W. Breitenbach
Garfunkel Wild Partner/Directors Barry Cepelewicz and Roy Breitenbach will present the webinar “Telehealth: Effective Risk Management Strategies to Reduce Liability” on February 26, 2020. This webinar is the first of our Telehealth webinar series.
Telehealth is a mode of delivering health care and other health related services that is becoming more prevalent in addressing many of the issues facing our healthcare systems, particularly cost, access and preventative care. While offering many great opportunities, telehealth comes with its own unique set of risks and challenges. Understanding these risks and challenges, and optimally managing them, is critical. In this series we will provide listeners with practical advice to address and manage telehealth risks and potential liabilities and enable telehealth providers to best position themselves for success.
This webinar will discuss:
While using telehealth in your practice can create additional risks, there are effective strategies that can be implemented to reduce exposures to liability. This program will focus on a variety of issues including:
- Defining the scope of the telehealth practice
- Complying with relevant licensure and credentialing requirements
- Practicing within the standard of care, including obtaining appropriate informed consent
- Understanding and managing the unique liability issues associated with telehealth
- Maintaining proper documentation
- Reducing technology liability with appropriate testing, support and maintenance
- Promoting ongoing training and support
- Quality improvement methodologies, including creating appropriate clinical policies and protocols; patient surveys; and outcome measurements
- Creating back-up and emergency contingency plans
- Ensuring sufficient insurance coverage
Click Here To Register.