Please join us for a complimentary webinar on February 28, 2017 from 12 – 1 p.m.
The Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) is bipartisan federal legislation signed into law on April 16, 2015. The law does many things, but most importantly it establishes new ways to pay physicians for caring for Medicare beneficiaries. This act, which went into effect January 1, 2017, reimburses eligible Medicare physicians based on the quality of care they deliver through the government’s Quality Payment Program, which replaces the Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR) formula for physician reimbursement.
This seminar will explain why MACRA was signed into law and what CMS hopes to accomplish through this value-based payment initiative. The following questions will be addressed:
- How does the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) impact my Medicare payments.
- What is the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
- How will I be scored under MIPS
- Who am I compared to
- What are the reporting requirements under MIPS
- Can I participate without an EHR
- Are there any exemptions from MIPS
- What is an Alternative Payment Model (APM)
- Which Alternative Payment Models (APMs) are eligible for the bonus
- How would I be paid under an APM
- How do I know if I’m in MIPS or an APM
- How does MACRA help small practices
- What can I do now to prepare for MACRA implementation