12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
Speakers: Barry B. Cepelewicz and Roy W. Breitenbach
Garfunkel Wild Partner/Directors Barry B. Cepelewicz and Roy W. Breitenbach will present at the Fairfield County Medical Association Webinar – ‘Operating Your Practice in the COVID-19 ERA” on May 5, 2020.
As physicians are now considering re-opening their practices, they appreciate that they cannot simply “go back to normal”. With furloughs, layoffs, severe limitations of medical services, decreased revenues and office closures, physicians need to consider strategies to maximize the success of their practices going forward. These include financial analysis and planning, how to best protect and treat patients and employees, and what needs to be done to ensure that their practices operate efficiently, safely and profitably.
The topics to be discussed during session will include:
• What you need to consider before re-opening?
• What financial issues must be considered to better prepare your practice to move forward?
• How can you ensure your practice operates appropriately as it relates to patients?
• Is there a continued role for telehealth?
• What will the new practice culture look like going forward?
• What reasonable accommodations and workplace safety precautions should be made for employees?
• What are potential discrimination issues that can arise, including, for example, from a phased re-opening, or gradual return of employees from furlough?
• Given that employees have had a furlough period, and there may be a backlog of work, can/should employers make changes to or limit their paid time off policies for the remainder of the year?
• How to handle/resolve employment contract breach issues?
• Is there liability to the practices for exposing employees or employees’ family to Coronavirus? Wrongful reopening?