Fairfield County Medical Association’s (FCMA) Webinar – Navigating Sexual Harassment in the Workplace for Managers and Supervisors
May 9, 2019
Speakers: Marianne Monroy and Salvatore Puccio
Garfunkel Wild Partners Marianne Monroy and Salvatore Puccio will present at the Fairfield County Medical Association’s (FCMA) Webinar – Navigating Sexual Harassment in the Workplace for Managers and Supervisors on May 9, 2019.
Ms. Monroy and Mr. Puccio’s presentation “Navigating Sexual Harassment in the Workplace for Managers and Supervisors” will cover:
- operative federal and state statutory provisions, as well as the definition of sexual harassment and conduct that may constitute sexual harassment
- prohibitions against and correction of sexual harassment
- remedies available and strategies to prevent sexual harassment in the workplace
- practical examples to instruct managers and supervisors in the prevention of harassment discrimination and retaliation
For more information Click Here
Judith A. Eisen, Partner/Director, will be honored by the Interfaith Medical Center Auxiliary at their 26th Annual Award Dinner Dance, June 27, 2019.
About Garfunkel Wild
Garfunkel Wild was founded over 38 years ago with a single purpose in mind – attend to the specific business and legal needs of our clients in the health care industry. With nearly 80 attorneys representing more than 60 hospitals plus health care systems and other health care facilities, organizations and practitioners, Garfunkel Wild has kept this focus. The firm has offices in New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey. For more information, visit www.garfunkelwild.com.
Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) 18th Annual Healthcare Conference
May 22, 2019
Speakers: Debra A. Silverman and Carmen E. Jule
Garfunkel Wild Partner/Director Debra A. Silverman and Associate Carmen E. Jule will present at the Healthcare Financial Management Association’s (HFMA) 18th Annual Healthcare Conference on May 22, 2019.
Ms. Silverman and Ms. Jule’s presentation “Surprise Billing Laws: How to Protect Your
Organization and Your Patients” will:
- provide an overview of the genesis of surprise bill laws and their purpose as consumer protection statutes;
- outline and compare New England states’ respective surprise bill laws, as well as similar proposed federal legislation and;
- describe the necessity for compliance with such laws.
For more information Click Here
LeadingAge New York Annual Conference & Exposition
May 21, 2019
Saratoga Springs, NY
Speaker: Debra A. Silverman
Garfunkel Wild Partner/Director Debra A. Silverman will serve as a panelist at the LeadingAge New York Annual Conference & Exposition discussing Value-Based Payment Models in Action on May 21, 2019.
Click here for details.
Long Island Health Information Management Association 40th Educational Meeting & Installation Luncheon
April 10, 2019
Speaker: Carmen E. Jule
Garfunkel Wild Associate Carmen E. Jule presented at the Long Island Health Information Management Association 40th Educational Meeting & Installation Luncheon on April 10, 2019.
Ms. Jule presented on “HIPAA and ROI Updates.”