Albany Law School of Union University
(B.S., Healthcare Administration and Management, with honors, 1982)
New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division
HONORS AND AWARDS
New York Super Lawyers - Metro Edition (2012-2018)
Long Island Business News - "50 Around 50" Class of 2011 (October 7, 2011)
Long Island Business News - Who's Who in Corporate Law (June 24, 2011)
New York State Bar Association
Nassau County Bar Association
American Bar Association
American Health Lawyers Association
Healthcare Financial Management Association
The Health Care Compliance Association
The Medical Group Management Association
Hayden S. Wool is a Partner/Director of Garfunkel Wild, P.C., which he joined in 1992. He is a member of the firm’s Health Care, Business and Compliance and White Collar Defense Practice Groups, which advise clients on a variety of business, regulatory and transactional issues.
Mr. Wool’s practice includes the structuring of hospital physician relationships, physician group relationships, review of the structure of business transactions as to compliance with Federal and State regulatory matters, as well as issues regarding proper reimbursement for healthcare activities.
Mr. Wool has particular expertise in the application of the Federal and State self-referral (Stark) laws, Anti-Kickback laws, Fee-splitting laws and Professional Misconduct laws, as well as the related rules and regulations.
Mr. Wool has written articles and lectured on these and other areas involving contract review.
He is a member of the American Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, the Nassau County Bar Association, the American Health Lawyers Association and the Healthcare Financial Management Association.
Mr. Wool received his B.S. in healthcare administration and management, with honors, from Alfred University in 1982 and his J.D., with honors, from Albany Law School of Union University in 1985.
Speeches and Events
- Physician Hospital Relations and Integration, Metropolitan New York Chapter Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) Fall Academy (Uniondale, NY) October 24, 2012
- Ancillary Services: A Practical Approach to Navigating Through Stark Law Requirements and the Medicare Billing Rules, Physician Practice Compliance Conference, (Philadelphia, PA) October 12, 2009
- Stark Aspects of the 2009 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule, Beard Audio Conference, December 10, 2008
- Panel on Stark Regulations, CT Hospital Association and CT Association of Healthcare Executives, (Wallingford, CT) December 9, 2008
- Stark Aspects of the New IPPS Rule, Beard Audio Conference, September 15, 2008
- The 2009 Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule - What Providers Need to Know, Beard Audio Conference, July 24, 2008
- Understanding the New Stark II Phase III Regulations Teleconference, Lorman Seminar, March 11, 2008
- Living with Stark: Compensation v. Kickback, APDIM 2007 Fall Conference (Minneapolis, MN) October 4-7, 2007
- Closing Stark Loopholes, Beard Audio Conference, July 31, 2007
- Co-author, An Uncertain Future: Examining Two Proposals for Health Care Reform, AHLA Connections, March 2017.
- Co-author, Chapter 1 of the LUGPA Practice Management Playbook, entitled Legal and Economic Issues in Forming a Group Practice, 2017.
- Know Your Stark: A Primer on the Stark Law and How It May Impact Your Reading Agreements, Journal of the American College of Radiology, December 2012
- Co-authored chapter of Legal Manual for New York Physicians (Third Edition), entitled Fraud and Abuse.
- Yet More Changes to the Stark Law Regulations, Journal of the American College of Radiology, February 2009
- Significantly Expanded Anti-Markup Rule Goes into Effect January 1, 2009, Journal of the American College of Radiology, January 2009
- Proposed Policy Changes in the 2009 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule, New Jersey Law Journal, September 15, 2008
- New Stark Phase III Regulations: the Impact and Changes, Journal of the American College of Radiology, February 2008
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Now Scrutinizing Leasing Arrangements, Journal of the American College of Radiology, October 2007
- Stark Changes on the Horizon, ABA Health ESource, August 2007 (Vol 3, No. 12)