St. John’s University School of Law
State University of Buffalo
New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Second Department
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
Supreme Court of the United States
HONORS AND AWARDS (continued)
Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business - Healthcare (2005-2018)
New York Super Lawyers - Metro Edition (2007-2018)
Long Island Business News (LIBN) Leadership in Law, Class of 2011
The Best Lawyers in America® - Health Care Law (1991-2018)
New York State Bar Association
Nassau County Bar Association
American Bar Association
American Health Lawyers Association
Robert Andrew Wild is a founding member of Garfunkel Wild, P.C. He has and continues to serve as its chairman since the Firm's inception. The firm, which maintains offices in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, represents an array of national and regional health care provider institutions, companies, practitioners, and not-for-profit groups, as well as clients in other industries.
Mr. Wild’s practice primarily focuses on addressing the legal, regulatory, business and financial needs of the firm’s clients. His principal activities include: complex transactions for health care providers, including regulatory, compliance, mergers and acquisitions, antitrust, reimbursement, professional conduct issues, patient issues, real estate, graduate medical education, and many other areas.
Mr. Wild is a frequent lecturer and author in the field of health law, and has addressed a broad variety of groups, organizations and health care providers.
Mr. Wild was formerly an Adjunct Professor of Health Law, Hofstra University Law School. He has also served as Assistant Clinical Professor of Health Law at Stony Brook University, Long Island, New York, and is currently a member of the New York State Bar Association Health Law Section, is current General Counsel and past Chair of the Board of United Way of Long Island, is on the Advisory Board of United Cerebral Palsy of Nassau County, the Board of the St. John's Law School Alumni Association, the St. John’s University Board of Governors, the Board of New York Institute of Technology and a past Board Member of NIFA (the Nassau County Interim Finance Authority).
Mr. Wild received his B.A. in 1964 from the State University of New York at Buffalo and his J.D. in 1967 from St. John's University School of Law.
- Co-author, Chapter 1 of the LUGPA Practice Management Playbook, entitled Legal and Economic Issues in Forming a Group Practice
- Co-authored three chapters of Legal Manual for New York Physicians (Third Edition), entitled “Fraud and Abuse,” Life-Sustaining Treatment Decisions,” and “HIPAA & HITECH Electronic Transaction, Security and Privacy Regulations.”
- Serving Your "Berger" Well Done: A Recipe for Closing or Reconfiguring a Not-for-Profit Hospital in New York, NYSBA Health Law Journal, Fall 2008
- Other Views on the Role of the AG in Health Care, NYSBA Health Law Newsletter, Spring 2003, Vol. 8, No. 2
- Contributing author and editor, NYSBA Legal Manual of New York Physicians (2003)
- Physicians' Responsibility for Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners, NYSBA Health Law Newsletter. Summer/Fall 2001, Vol. 6, No. 3
Honors and Awards (continued)
- Arthritis Foundation Long Island Chapter - Regina A. Quick Humanitarian Award (November 2010)
- Good Scout Award - Greater New York Council - Boy Scouts of America (2005)
- Great Neck United Community Fund – Honoree (2000)
- Independent Group Home Living Inc. - Honored as one of Top 10 Business Leaders on Long Island, Flowerfield, St. James, NY (May 12, 2011)
- Top 100 New York Super Lawyers (2011)
- New Westchester Square Medical Center - Honoree (2009)
- Nightingale's Healthcare News Outstanding Hospital Lawyers List (2008-2009)
- St. Barnabas honored Robert Wild for his extraordinary vision and achievements in the field of health care (August 2006)
- St. John's University School of Law - Alumni of the Month (October 2008)
- St. John's University Alumni - Outstanding Achievement Medal (June 2007)
- St. John's Riverside Hospital - Annual Honoree (2008)
- The Attorney of Nassau County - Who's Who List (November 2008)
- United Cerebral Palsy of Nassau County, Man of the Year, Forget-Me-Not Ball (2002)