Brooklyn Law School
(J.D., cum laude, 1993)
State University of New York at Binghamton
New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division
HONORS AND AWARDS
New York Super Lawyers – Metro Edition (2014-2017)
Long Island Business News - Who's Who in Women in Professional Services - Banking - Law (August 2, 2013)
Long Island Business News - Ones to Watch - Law (January 27, 2012)
Long Island Business News - Who's Who in Corporate Law (June 18, 2010)
Long Island Business News - Ones to Watch - Law (November 2007)
American Health Lawyers Association
Nassau County Bar Association
Christina Van Vort is a Partner Director of Garfunkel Wild, P.C., which she joined in 1999. She advises clients on a wide variety of corporate, regulatory, and transactional matters. Ms. Van Vort’s practice includes corporate governance and transactions, health care regulation, including HIPAA compliance, financing, acquisitions and sales of health systems, nursing homes, hospitals, home health agencies, physician practices and other health industry clients.
Ms. Van Vort advises on the licensure process and requirements for health care entities in New York, and has particular expertise regarding hospitals, assisted living residences, nursing homes, continuing care retirement communities and home care providers.
In addition, Ms. Van Vort has worked extensively on the formation of new not-for-profit corporations, and the legal requirements governing not-for-profit corporations in New York.
Ms. Van Vort has lectured on HIPAA and has extensive experience negotiating technology agreements.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Van Vort was a corporate, transactional attorney for Winthrop, Stimson, Putnam & Roberts and Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison in Manhattan.
Ms. Van Vort is a member of the Board of Directors of “Alternatives for Children,” a not-for-profit organization dedicated to meeting the needs of children with disabilities and developmental delays.
Ms. Van Vort received her B.S. in mathematics/computer science and Spanish from SUNY Binghamton in 1986 and her J.D. from Brooklyn Law School in 1993.
Speeches and Events
- "2016 Not-for-Profit Educational Workshop: The Impact of Value Based Payment Reform on Providers; Mergers, Acquisitions and Strategic Alignments – What You Need to Know," hosted by Garfunkel Wild, P.C. and Baker Tilly, Melville, NY (October 18, 2016)
- "Critical insights for your organization," 2015 Not-for-profit educational workshop hosted by Baker Tilly and Garfunkel Wild, P.C., Melville, NY (April 30, 2015)
- How physicians can improve cash flow with accounts receivable financing, Medical Economics, March 24, 2014
- New Medicare enrollment process and forms changes impact on existing and new providers, Compliance Today, July 2006
- When a Provider Needs Capital: Financing patient accounts receivables can be the way to go, New York Law Journal's Special Healthcare Edition, July 2006