Hofstra University School of Law
(J.D., 1986, with honors)
Managing Editor of Hofstra University Law Review
(B.S.N., Nursing, 1975)
Washington University in St. Louis
New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division
HONORS AND AWARDS (continued)
New York Super Lawyers - Metro Edition (2010-2018)
Featured in cover story, Networking Magazine "Top Lawyer, Top Healthcare Trends"
American Bar Association
New York State Bar Association
American Health Lawyers Association
Health and Business Alliance
Healthcare Business Women’s Association
Judith A. Eisen is a Partner/Director of Garfunkel Wild, P.C., which she joined in 1988. Ms. Eisen’s practice focuses on the representation of hospitals and other health care providers including nursing homes, home health agencies, durable medical equipment providers, pharmacies, laboratories, and physicians with emphasis on regulatory, transactional, compliance, general corporate, finance, employment, disciplinary, patient care, and other related matters. She also represents other healthcare industry-related clients, including healthcare lenders and vendors to the industry. She has worked extensively on matters relating to not-for-profit corporate governance, as well as related issues for social service agencies. Ms. Eisen developed and implemented a HIPAA Compliance Program for health care providers, health plans, clearinghouses and business associates.
Her past experience reflects a varied knowledge of the health care industry. Prior to becoming an attorney, Ms. Eisen worked as a registered nurse in pediatrics and neonatal intensive care, nursing education, nursing administration and risk management. Immediately following law school, she practiced corporate law, with a focus on corporate transactions and finance.
Ms. Eisen has been an Adjunct Professor of Health Law, Hofstra University Law School and frequently writes and lectures on corporate and regulatory issues. She is also a sponsor of the Gitenstein Institute for Health Law and Policy, which is affiliated with Hofstra University Law School and Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine.
Speeches and Events
- Puff the Magic Medicine: The Medical Marijuana Movement, Moderator of CLE Session at Gitenstein Institute, Hofstra University Club, Hempstead, NY (March 10, 2015)
- Implementing FIDA for Payers and Providers, Joint seminar with GW and Loeb & Troper, East Elmhurst, NY (April 17, 2013)
- Is Bankruptcy the Right Prescription for Distressed Health Care Providers?, (Faculty Speaker), New York City Bar, New York, NY, March 30, 2011
- Health Information Technology (HITECH) and the New Red Flag Rules, Pharmacists Society of the State of New York (PSSNY), September 10, 2009
- Receivables Financing: Can It Ease Your Cash Flow Crunch? - Webinar co-presented on January 29, 2007, sponsored by the Beard Group
- New Laws, New Requirements: The DRA, HIPAA and the Practice of Pharmacy - Presentation given November 30, 2006 at seminar entitled Emerging Federal Issues Affecting the Practice of Pharmacy, cosponsored by Long Island University's Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences and the New York City Pharmacists Society
- Responding to Government Subpoenas and Other Official Inquiries under HIPAA - Presentation given on September 25, 2006 at the 13th National HIPAA Summit held in Washington, D.C.
- Serving Your "Berger" Well Done: A Recipe for Closing or Reconfiguring a Not-for-Profit Hospital in New York, NYSBA Health Law Journal, Fall 2008
- When a Provider Needs Capital: Financing patient accounts receivables can be the way to go, New York Law Journal's Special Healthcare Edition, July 2006
- HIPAA compliance is down 6%. Grayson Walker gets the scoop on what hospitals should do to avoid penalties. (Judy Eisen Quoted) Health Executive - Online Magazine, June 2006
Honors and Awards (continued)
- Honored for second time by Long Island Business News as among "Long Island's Top 50 Most Influential Women in Business" (2011)
- Honored by Long Island Business News in Who's Who in Women in Professional Services (October 15, 2010)
- Honored by Long Island Business News - Who's Who in Corporate Law (May 2009)
- Honored by Long Island Business News in Who's Who in Women in Professional Services (August 2007)
- Honored by Long Island Business News as among "Long Island's Top 50 Most Influential Women in Business" (2007)
- Honored by Women on the Job (December 2006)
- Honored by Touro Law Center as Public Interest Attorney of the Year (2006)