New York University
School of Law
U.S. District Court for the
Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the
Eastern District of New York
New York Supreme Court,
New Jersey Supreme Court
Connecticut State Courts
HONORS AND AWARDS
New York Super Lawyers –
Metro Edition (2014 - 2018)
New York State Bar
New Jersey State Bar
American Health Lawyers
New York Association
of Homes & Services for the
New York State Health
Jeffry Adest is a Partner/Director at Garfunkel Wild, P.C. He joined the firm in 1999 and is a member of the firm’s Health Care, Business and HIPAA Compliance practice groups, advising clients on a wide range of business, regulatory and transactional matters.
Mr. Adest represents numerous federally qualified health centers (FQHCs), health system hospitals, physicians, dentists, nursing homes, behavioral health providers, labs, outpatient facilities, health homes, management services organizations and other health care clients in a variety of corporate and regulatory transactions and matters in both New York and New Jersey.
Mr. Adest regularly counsels federally qualified health centers and look-alikes on many complex and day-to-day issues. Mr. Adest assists entities in the legal aspects of the application and establishment of federally qualified health centers and look-alikes. Mr. Adest also has extensive experience in structuring and reviewing myriad types of contracts and services agreements between these health centers and other health care providers, business associates, and vendors, while ensuring that the health centers continue to comply with the extensive fraud and abuse and specific service requirements imposed by applicable laws and regulations. As these types of health centers are federally regulated and subject to several specific requirements, Mr. Adest has assisted the health centers in achieving and maintaining compliance, including complying with the governing body's composition, HRSA requirements and the many other regulations and promulgations applicable specifically to federally qualified health centers and look-alikes. In addition, Mr. Adest counsels these health centers on issues related to Federal Tort Claims Act coverage, communications with applicable Federal agencies, change in scope of service, and other issues.
Mr. Adest is a frequent lecturer on a variety of issues, including FQHC issues; HIPAA compliance issues, physician practice issues and nursing home issues.
Mr. Adest was admitted to the New Jersey Bar in 1996, the New York Bar in 1997 and the Connecticut Bar in 2013. He is a member of the New York Bar Association, the New Jersey Bar Association and the American Health Lawyers Association.
Mr. Adest received his B.S. from Yeshiva University in 1992 and his J.D. from New York University School of Law in 1995.
Speeches and Events
- BKD CPAs & Advisors' Webinar - Preparation for Your HRSA Operational Site Visit – March 19, 2019
- BKD CPAs & Advisors' Webinar - CHC/FQHC & Hospital: Opportunities for Strategic Relationships & Synergies - February 27, 2019
- Is Your Health Center OSV Ready: Understanding The HRSA Compliance Manual and How to Avoid the Dreaded “Not Met” - Health Choice Network’s 24th Annual Board Of Directors Educational Conference, June 22, 2018
- Garfunkel Wild Webinar - FTCA Deeming: What do I need to do in order to submit the Application – April 30, 2018
- FTCA Compliance Issues for FQHCs - December 12, 2017
- 340B Compliance For FQHCS - December 6, 2017
- Emergency Preparedness Requirements for FQHCs - November 20, 2017
- Understanding the New FQHC Compliance Manual Requirements - October 17, 2017
- FTCA: New Program Requirements to Maintain Coverage - NJPCA Annual Conference, September 27, 2017
- New Compliance Manual: New Program Requirements - NJPCA Annual Conference, September 27, 2017
- There’s More to Know: When You Think You Know Everything About HIPAA and Data Breach Risk - NJPCA Annual Conference, September 27, 2017
- NJPCA, 2017 Financial Round Table Summit – Avoiding HRSA Site Visit Mistakes Before They Happen – May 5, 2017
- Value Based Payments & Trump Administration’s Impact on FQHCs - February 27, 2017
- Compliance with HRSA 19 Elements - February 23, 2016
- "Supercircular" Final Interim Rule – Guidance for FQHCs – February 10, 2015
- Hot Topics in HIPAA/HITECH, National Association of Community Health Centers (Las Vegas, NV) October 29, 2014
- Training on HIPAA and Implementing the New Final HITECH Regulations - SJFMC October 18, 2013
- Practical Tips for Implementing the New Final HITECH Regulations - NJPCA June 13, 2013
- Practical Tips for HITECH Implementation - NJPCA May 9, 2013
- Final HITECH Regulations - NJPCA February 10, 2013
- Voluntary Disclosure to Government Agencies, NYAHSA Spring Training Institute and Exhibition (Saratoga Springs, NY) May 26, 2010
- Responding to Government Subpoenas - NYAHSA Spring Institute (Saratoga Springs, NY) May 22, 2007
- Co-authored chapter of Legal Manual for New York Physicians (Third Edition), entitled HIPAA & HITECH Electronic Transaction, Security and Privacy Regulations.
- Practical Privacy, Health Executive, September 2007