Hofstra University School of Law
Hofstra Law Review
Faculty Scholar of the Department of Philosophy
New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division
United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
New York State Bar Association
Nassau County Bar Association
American Bar Association
American Health Lawyers Association
Colleen M. Tarpey is a Senior Attorney at Garfunkel Wild, P.C., which she joined in 2001. She is a member of the firm’s Litigation and Arbitration Practice Group, which represents clients in all phases of civil litigation before both state and federal courts, as well as alternative dispute resolution bodies.
Ms. Tarpey’s practice includes litigation for hospitals, physicians, and other health industry clients. She has experience in contract disputes, managed care disputes including ERISA matters, partnership disputes and breakups, restrictive covenants, and employment disputes. Her practice also frequently includes matters concerning retention and treatment issues for psychiatric patients, and assisted outpatient treatment matters. She also handles general commercial litigation for clients of all kinds. In addition, she handles estates and trusts litigation, including will contests, contested administration proceedings, kinship hearings, accountings and cy-pres actions. She has also been involved in environmental litigation and class-action litigation under state and federal wage and hour laws.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Tarpey worked as a litigation and intellectual property associate for the firm of Pillsbury Winthrop, LLP.
She is a member of the American Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, and the Nassau County Bar Association.
Ms. Tarpey received her B.A. in philosophy from Hartwick College in 1994, and her J.D. from Hofstra University School of Law in 2000.
- Co-authored chapter entitled "Managed Care Litigation" in the Legal Manual of New York Physicians (Sixth Edition)
- To Disclose or Not to Disclose, That Is the Question: Issues to Consider Before Responding to a Subpoena, The Journal of the American College of Radiology, Vol. 9, No. 4, April 2012
- The incredible shrinking CERCLA recovery, Nassau Lawyer, September 2009
- Monitor Those Claims of 'Green', New York Law Journal, August 24, 2009
- The Fallout of Cooper on CERCLA Settlements And Voluntary Cleanups, Andrews Publications - Environmental Commentary, July 2006