Boston University School of Law
Supreme Court of the United States–1989
United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit – 1984
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York – 1981
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District
of New York – 1981
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York – 1989
New York State Supreme Court – 1980
HONORS AND AWARDS
Super Lawyers - New York Metro
American Bar Association
New York State Bar Association
Nassau County Bar Association
American Health Lawyers Association
Leonard M. Rosenberg is a Partner/Director and Co-Chair of the Litigation and Arbitration practice group at Garfunkel Wild, P.C., which he joined in 1985. Mr. Rosenberg is also Co-Chair of the firm’s Appellate Litigation and Employment Law practice groups, and a member of the firm’s Health Care practice group.
Mr. Rosenberg represents and counsels clients in federal and state court civil and administrative trials, appeals, arbitrations, hearings, and mediations. His practice includes litigation of a wide variety of health care, regulatory, commercial and business issues, including contract disputes, managed care audits, directors and officers insurance coverage disputes, and judicial review of agency and other administrative determinations.
Mr. Rosenberg’s health care practice includes over 30 years of experience representing hospitals, physicians, medical boards and trustees in medical staff credentialing and peer review matters, including intra-hospital hearings and appeals, proceedings before the New York State Public Health council, and litigation arising from the peer review process. Mr. Rosenberg also counsels and represents physicians in professional conduct proceedings before the New York State Department of Health, Office of Professional Medical Conduct (OPMC).
Mr. Rosenberg also has a broad employment law practice, defending clients against all types of employment claims, including age, race, gender, national origin, and harassment, as well as claims under the Americans With Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, False Claims Act, whistleblower laws, wrongful discharge, breach of employment contract, defamation, and non-compete/restrictive covenant agreements.
Mr. Rosenberg is the editor of “In The New York State Courts,” a summary of recent court decisions in health care law. The column is a regular feature of the Health Law Journal published by the Health Law Section of the New York State Bar Association, of which Mr. Rosenberg is a sustaining member.
Mr. Rosenberg is also Vice Chair of the Editorial Board of The Health Lawyer, a journal published by the Health Law Section of the American Bar Association, and Vice Chair of Programming of the Section’s Health Care Litigation and Risk Management Interest Group.
Mr. Rosenberg received his undergraduate degree from Cornell University in 1976, and his J.D. from Boston University School of Law in 1979. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Rosenberg served as an Assistant District Attorney in Kings County, New York.
Speeches and Events
- National Practitioner DataBank Reporting Master Class, American Bar Association, Health Law Section CLE Webinar, June 2018
- The Hospital Physician Credentialing Process, Nassau County Bar Association Hospital and Health Law Committee, Live CLE Presentation, May, 2018
- Fundamentals of the Health Care Quality Improvement Act, American Bar Association Health Law Section CLE Webinar, July 2017
- Credentialing and Recredentialing, APDIM 2007 Fall Conference, October 4-7, 2007 (Minneapolis, MN)
- A Lawyer's Guide To Analyzing Age Discrimination Claims, Law360, November 24, 2015
- Disclosing and Refunding Overpayments in Healthcare Cases (co-author), The Health Lawyer, Volume 24, Number 3, February 2012
- New Joint Commission Requirements Confirm Relationship Between Disruptive Behavior and Quality of Care, AHLA's MedStaff News Newsletter, April 2009
- American Heart Association, Long Island Region
Member, Board of Directors (2010-2011)