University at Buffalo Law School
University of Rochester
(B.S., Cell & Developmental Biology, 2006)
United States Patent and Trademark Office
US District Court, Western District of New York
US District Court, Southern District of New York
US District Court, Western District of New York, Bankruptcy Court
American Health Lawyers Association
Rochester Intellectual Property Law Association
-Board Member, Former President, 2019-2020
New York State Bar Association
Monroe County Bar Association
- Member, Technology & Law Practice Committee
Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys
Rochester Young Professionals
Stephanie Nott joined Garfunkel Wild, P.C. in 2021 as an associate in the Healthcare Information Technology, Intellectual Property and Business groups.
Ms. Nott advises and represents clients in health care technology transactions including, software licensing, privacy and data security matters.
Ms. Nott’s practice also focuses on Intellectual Property. Ms. Nott represents clients in matters including trademark registration, contested trademark matters before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, copyright registration, intellectual property portfolio management, web presence and social media matters, protection of confidential information and trade secrets, intellectual property contracts and intellectual property litigation.
Prior to joining Garfunkel Wild, P.C., Ms. Nott worked at several Rochester firms, gaining experience in a wide range of intellectual property litigation and transactional matters, labor and employment litigation, contract negotiations, and creditor’s rights.
Ms. Nott received her B.S. in Cell & Developmental Biology from the University of Rochester in 2006. Ms. Nott received her J.D. in 2011 from the University at Buffalo Law School where she was a Note & Comment Editor for the Buffalo Law Review.
Speeches and Events
- NYSBA Sponsored CLE: Introductory Lessons on Ethics & Civility, Speaker, Topics: Developments in the NY State Civility Rules and Attorney/Litigant/Judge Interactions on Social Media (April 2019)
- Ethics and Diversity in the Legal Workplace, Panelist (October 2018)
- Co-authored article in Best Lawyers Women in the Law edition "New York Takes Leave" (June 2018)
- Co-authored article in Westlaw titled "Opening the door: The 2nd and 6th Circuits' expansion of Title VII to include sexual orientation and transgender protection" (April 2018)
- Co-authored articles on medical research with the Biochemistry and Biophysics Department at Strong Memorial Hospital. Published in the Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Journal of Molecular Endocrinology, Current Pharmacogenomics and Personalized Medicine, Journal of Biological Chemistry, and Molecular Medicine.