Brooklyn Law School
(J.D., 2009) Moot Court Honor Society
Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial and Commercial Law (Articles Editor)
Outstanding Student Advocate Award
(B.A., Political Science, 2004)
New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division
HONORS AND AWARDS
Super Lawyers - New York Metro
Rising Star (2020)
New York State Bar Association
American Bar Association
American Health Lawyers Association
Robert B. Koonin is the Vice-Chair of the Firm’s Real Estate Practice, and focuses on a wide array of real estate and finance transactions across all property classes, with a particular emphasis on health care facilities and complex commercial transactions. Mr. Koonin routinely represents real estate operators, not-for-profit companies, developers, private family offices and other entities in buying, selling, developing, financing, and leasing a full spectrum of real estate holdings across the United States (including commercial office, industrial, hospital, hotel, shopping center, and senior living properties). Mr. Koonin also represents both borrowers and national lenders in connection with all aspects of commercial financings, including tax-exempt transactions.
Prior to joining the Firm in 2011, Mr. Koonin was a Real Estate Associate at Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP and was previously the Senior Vice President of Legal Affairs at the London-based software company, Metric Gaming.
- Represent the purchaser of a portfolio of 22 senior living facilities in the Midwest
- Represent a joint venture in the acquisition and related financing of ~ 650,000 square feet of commercial office space in Virginia
- Counsel to one of the Nation’s largest physical therapy networks, handling all real estate matters for ~300 locations across the U.S.
- Represent numerous national banks in connection with loans (ranging from $25 million to $200+ million) to finance the acquisition and development of various properties throughout the U.S.
- Advise operator in connection with the acquisition of a $110 million senior living campus in the Bronx, New York
- Represent one of New York’s largest hospital systems with the acquisition and related leaseback of a 15-acre campus in Suffolk County, New York
- Represent a private family office in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of commercial office buildings in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Advise a major New York hospital in connection with $130 million tax-exempt bond financing to construct a new Emergency Department