University of Pennsylvania Law School
University of Michigan
(B.B.A., with distinction, 1995)
Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division
HONORS AND AWARDS
Newsday - Long Island People on the Move (November 2008)
The Attorney of Nassau County - Who's Who List (November 2008)
American Health Lawyers Association
Scott Higgins represents for-profit and not-for-profit health care entities, including long term care facility operators, doctors’ groups, and other health care, supportive services and behavioral health providers, as well as privately held companies and financial institutions, providing advice on a broad range of strategic and operational matters. His practice has a particular focus on complex commercial transactions, counseling his clients on the structuring, negotiation, and closing of buy-sell, financing, and joint venture and other investment arrangements.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Higgins was an associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions and Securities practice groups at Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP and in the Corporate practice group at Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver and Jacobson LLP.
- Represented a real estate investment company in the acquisition of an 18 facility SNF portfolio in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast, as well as in the financing of said acquisition and the negotiation of the joint venture arrangement with its investment and strategic partners
- Represented a doctors group and its affiliated management company in the sale of a minority interest in the business to a private equity firm
- Represented a real estate investment company in the acquisition of an 11 facility SNF portfolio in the Mid-Atlantic, as well as in the financing of the acquisition and the negotiation of the joint venture arrangement with its investment and strategic partners
- Represented a privately held national consumer products distributer in the sale of a majority interest in its business to, and the negotiation of the joint venture arrangement with, a strategic partner
- Represented an investment group in the sale of 10 drug and alcohol rehab facilities located across the Mid-Atlantic, Midwest and South, and the related acquisition of a facility in Pennsylvania